Monday, February 28, 2011

Mine all mine ...

Once again I continue my quest to educate and entertain the masses. In the deployment of my weekly written tactics, outside of the usual suspects of stodgy academic vernacular and somniferous lecture, my sole quest is to connect. To connect in such a visceral way that with each offering you will be left knowing a deep sense of me (for better of worse).

Seeing life though others perspectives is a challenge for many, however, to fully connect with another person you must give in equal proportion to your desired reception.

Too many leaders in businesses and families do not exude the maturity to see things from someone else's point of view. Rarely is there an instance when they concern themselves with what's best for others.

As many can relate, part of the parenting process is to help children recognize that they are not the center of the universe, as taking others into consideration is key for life’s advancement. Unfortunately, there is usually no one in business to alert the leaders when they have lost perspective.

Far too often we operate in a child-like manner. Sure, the message below may be an exaggerated view point to your business and life ecosystem, but I also bet you will be able to find similar applications of examples surrounding you daily.

The except focused on “Property law as viewed by a toddler" is from Michael V Hernandez’s book titled, Restating Implied, Prescriptive and Statutory Easements (2005).

1. If I like it, it's mine
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way
6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine
7.If it looks like it's mine, it's mine
8. If I saw it first, it's mine
9. If I can see it, it's mine
10. If I think it's mine, it's mine
11. If I want it, it's mine
12. If I need it, it's mine (yes, I know the difference between "want" and "need")
13. If I say it's mine, it's mine
14. If you don't stop me from playing with it, it's mine
15. If you tell me I can play with it, it's mine
16. If it will upset me too much when you take it away from me, it's mine
17. If I (think I) can play with it better than you can, it's mine
18. If I play with it long enough, it's mine
19. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it's mine
20. If it's broken, it's yours! (No, wait, all the pieces are still mine)

Greg

Gregory Salsburg
CEO/The Big STIR
STIR-Communications
Miami | New York | London
c: (561) 386-8064
o: (305) 407-1723
e: Greg@STIR-Communications.com

No comments:

Post a Comment