Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. No other occasion directs us to be selfless, to give, to think of others and their impact on us in our lives. I have so much to be thankful for, I feel undeserving of my abundance. I wish businesses would operate in a Thanksgiving mindset year round.

This weekend I heard a touching story about a young boy connecting to his grandmother who is suffering from memory loss. The boy's caring actions moved me in such a profound way, it switched my evening's focus and left me proud to know his parents.

It also made me think about passing the Rubicon in life when we so insidiously start to think of our elders as feeble and unaware of current society rather than embracing, learning and giving thanks to them from the life they lead and the opportunities they provided us.

This is a short work week so I will match it with short prose. Thank you all for making this blog grow, for taking the time to read it weekly, send to others and often reach out to me directly. I am very thankful for all of you in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Greg

Gregory Salsburg
CEO/The Big STIR
STIR-Communications
Miami | New York | London
c: (561) 386-8064
o: (305) 407-1723
e: Greg@STIR-Communications.com

No comments:

Post a Comment